Friday, December 09, 2005

Holly Jolly

I took a snow day today and have been loving the day off. It's always a little strange to be home without being sick or without having anything planned (except lots of shoveling). Bryan also called in snowy, but he has to "work from home" which he's actually doing despite my best efforts to distract him with movies and games. I have taken this opportunity to decorate for Christmas, the first time I've ever done this, since Bryan's family is coming to us this year and I want the place to look festive. Towards this end, I ventured into the Christmas Tree Shop last night and bought holiday-inspired candle-holding knick knack-type things. I REALLY hate knick knacks and don't understand why they are okay for holiday decorating, but I jumped right in and acquired a few new things. My favorite is the Holly Jolly sign for the front door which puts "Holly Jolly Christmas" in my head instantly upon seeing it. My lovely significant other has thoroughly mocked my efforts, but even he had to admit that the peppermint striped candle was nice (that's right, that's how bad it is).

I'm off to continue making the yuletide gay.

Happy Birthday Gary and to my cousin Anthony.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Are you able to clearly distinguish a "knick" from a "knack"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home