Monday, November 14, 2005

Wow

Sweet merciful meatballs, it's nice outside today. It's one of those days where you think there will be a chill underneath the warmth, because it's November, but really there isn't. It's a "wear-a-tee-shirt-roll-your-window-down-sing-at-the-top-of-your-lungs" nice day. Course, as the auto mechanic at the shop where I stopped for an oil change this morning said we'll pay for this nice weather somewhere down the line. And, while he's probably right, it's still rejuvenating to have such a glorious day.

The most nagging problem with a day this beautiful is the dampening thought that keeps creeping into my addled, homeowning brain: "I should be raking leaves on such a day as this." And I hate that thought. Raking leaves is, without a doubt, my least favorite part of owning both a back and front yard. But since we thoroughly killed all of the grass this past summer, I guess I shouldn't fret if snow comes and covers the lawn before we get those pesky piles of moldy tree droppings into 10 gallon disposal bags. Right then.

Wedding update: Though our first choice of a hotel decided not to open next spring until a week after our wedding, we have found some new, better options for our guests. We still can't actually block rooms in any lodging establishment in Gloucester, but at least we can list a few good choices on our invite (and yes, on our wedding website which seems an unavoidable necessity these days) so people can stay as close to the reception site as possible after consuming a few tasty Elks' gin (or insert favorite liquor here) concoctions.

And, I've bought my wedding dress. I found the dress quickly enough, but then I hesitated and deliberated and convinced myself that it was a bit too pricey, etc. And after dreaming about showing up to the wedding with no dress at all three nights in a row, I went online and bought the darned thing. I have to say, I haven't been so happy with a purchase since I saw Bryan's face light up when he unwrapped the iPod box last Christmas.

Now, all that needs to happen is 165 sunrises and sunsets and we're there (well, some music will be chosen and some balances paid, a honeymoon destination will be agreed upon and menus selected, but those are for another day, another post).

2 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Here's why you're making a wise decision not raking leaves: I spent 8+ hours on Saturday removing leaves from my front lawn and today, there are leaves there once more.

The bad thing is that supposedly it's not good for your lawn but I say hogwash, it's nature doing its thing. In fact, go read (or reread) Robert Fulghum's "ALl I Really Need to Know..." In that book, there is a story about raking, or rather, not raking leaves - and enjoy a sumptuous hot cocoa while doing so all the while not touching a single leaf and not regretting it a bit.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Jill O. said...

Oh,I so appreciate your giving me permission to ignore those horrible things on my lawn :) By the way, in that B movie actor quiz, I'm a bastard but I'm not a fucking bastard (I'm George Clooney's character in From Dusk 'til Dawn, Seth. Pretty funny. Looking forward to seeing you guys next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home