Thursday, November 10, 2005

You don't say

I guess as punishment for the fastest work week ever last week, this week is going as slowly as some slow motion kung fu fighting (you know what I'm talking about Dr. Charlie).

Bryan and I are kindred spirits of dorkiness and as such really enjoy making lists. I so enjoy lists that I often use them in my daily life never venturing into a grocery store without one, making them for daily to-do's at work, and using them to make suggestions about xmas gifts.

It is the time of year for the greatest QHS list - the Albums List, and these past weeks, watching Bryan struggle over which album is better than which, and debating the merits of one album over another, I have realized that this is not my favorite list. Before Bryan, I never really analyzed music in the album format. I love music, but I have loved it for songs and artists more than for albums. I mean, there have certainly been albums that I have loved (and still do) but I'm talking White Lion's Pride, and Pat Benetar's Best Shots, and certainly not anything of true artistic brilliance. However, I participate in this list wholeheartedly and since knowing Bryan have had the pleasure to and met the challenge of listening to more albums. I feel more capable of analyzing and ranking the albums I included on my list last year and I do look forward to reorganizing and reassessing my "top" 100.

In the mean time, here are some lists of another nature: the reader's amusement.

Top five places I'd rather be than in this lovely office chair:
5. A proctologist's office
4. Home Depot
3. A young republicans club meeting
2. A confessional
1. Dinner with Dubya while a priest attempts to shove a hammer up my ass

Seriously,
5. Curled up at home with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate
4. Touring Europe
3. On an African safari
2. On my way to a quaint b&b for a long weekend with my honey
1. On a beach on a tropical island

Five things that really annoy me:
5. "Free samples" of men's deodorant in my Amazon book boxes
4. Lifting my coffee cup to my lips only to find cold coffee from this morning rather than cool, refreshing water
3. Junk email suggesting ways of growing my "member"
2. Ignorance (I'd say intolerance but as I'm rather intolerant of ignorance, that wins)
1. Pantyhose that bunch and/or ride

Five names I'd like to not hear anytime soon
5. TomKat (ok, ok, so this is two, sue me)
4. Kobe Bryant
3. Theo Epstein (leave the man in peace)
2. Magical Mr. Mestopheles
1. Donald Rumsfeld

Top five beverages
5. Raspberry lime rickey
4. Chai tea
3. Mandarin orange poland springs sparkling water
2. Southern Comfort manhattan, straight up with a cherry
1. A double-thick chocolate malted

Three things I'm going to do when I get home:
1. take off my pantyhose, vile, evil clothing
2. make enchiladas
3. happily watch alias and ER

1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I'm glad that you implied that the first list there was something of a joke - it was clearly far more anal than necessary (though I did laugh).

TomKat is currently #1 on my list of most frightening news items.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home