Thursday, October 27, 2005

Dinger-less nights, and Lists!

Well, baseball season has come to a close, and the Sox won it. Granted the wrong color Sox (yes, with me it's always about color), but I wouldn't begrudge the Chicago fans this feeling of elation and unreality of the "morning after". In fact, I would even suspend my need for another Boston victory until after the other Chicago team won the World Series. Then all would be right with the balance of baseball and it would be "let the best team win" (except the Satans, of course).

Luckily, my Halloween party is this weekend, distracting Bryan and I from the fact that we now have nothing to do at night. Course, we could always make lists. Like, maybe we could list our albums. Too bad we don't enjoy listing things then tediously and painstakingly ranking them to come up with a list of the top 100. And too bad we don't have any friends who like listing things and submitting those lists to be tediously and painstakingly ranked thereby adding to and rounding out the top 100. Of course, I jest. Just last night, Bryan put his current top 100 albums into a play list on his ipod so he could get a head start listening to them all so he can assess whether or not they stay at the top or move off to be replaced by something new. While I don't have an ipod in which to add my top 100 albums, I didn't sit out of the listmaking. I actually started christmas lists for both Bryan and myself. Really, could we be any more exciting?

Way to go, Sheryl Swoopes - not that it should matter in any way what athletes, actors, singers, etc. do with their personal lives, but it certainly seems like a courageous thing to do to stand up for your beliefs and your lifestyle, especially when it is not considered that of the mainstream. And I think that athletes have it particularly tough because they are supposed to embody the essence of "male" or "female" and for some reason heterosexuality seems to go with that image (think Wilt Chamberlain, almost revered for his sexual exploits with women). This type of announcement does make me wish for the kind of world where people don't have to announce who they love, and it wouldn't be a shocking revelation to be "other".

1 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger marklow said...

Scary... and to think that just this week I got what I thought was an early jump on the album list, going through the back 50 like a leaf blower.

Yeah, the album list is on the ipod and under scrutiny.

Tell Mr. O'C good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home