Friday, November 04, 2005

What is wrong with people?

So, it's Friday and this has been one of the fastest work weeks in history. We are in the thick of our fall courses and with so many teachers in the library everyday, I am kept hopping with reference questions and book searches. I'm pretty sure that I still need to catch up on some sleep from last weekend, and since we have no major plans this weekend, I hope to find those lost zzzz's.

I have to use this forum to express my disgust about a local story about which I learned on last night's news. Two asshole morons were drag racing on the Lowell Connector, which is a piece of curving highway north of Boston, and one idiot jerk lost control of his car, going 90 miles an hour, and slammed into the median thereby flipping his car into the air and landing on top of another car, killing the driver, who happened to be a 31-year-old pregnant woman. How can one believe in justice in this world when that kind of shit happens? And drag racing? Seriously. Unfortunately, the driver of one of the delinquent hosebags is in critical condition and the other is on the lam, as yet unidentified. If one dies and the other isn't found, who will be punished for such diabolical, insane stupidity? This story upset me just a little.

In other news of the weird, I just received a phone call from my aunt, my mother's younger sister, telling me that my grandfather, a man I had never met, has died. He and my mother were estranged for my entire life and she never wanted us to meet him. And, not included a brief moment of being in the same room with him once, when I was about 17, I never did. And now he's gone. I don't feel sadness or any real loss, though it's a little strange when a piece of your ancestry is gone. I just hope that my mom feels no regret over her decision to walk away from this tyrannical man now that it is too late to do anything about it.

I'm off to dance class and to a weekend of doing what we want cause we have no other plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home