Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I need an assistant

This has been my foremost thought this week at work. There is simply too much to do in one day, let alone the entire week, for one person to accomplish. And I'm not talking about big, far-reaching projects, I can't get all of the returned books shelved, never mind the new books (many of which still need to be covered), and teachers keep coming in with overdue materials raving about how "nice" I am not to hound them about these overdues. Nice? Try way too busy. And just when I have all of my phone messages answered, I open the library inbox to find 6 more reference questions waiting to be answered. Not that I should complain too much. I really like my job and I like the people with whom I work, but an assistant to help with the photocopying and the filing and the library set-up (before and after programs) would be pretty sweet. Think Santa brings assistants?

Turkey Day was tasty and over much too quickly. Our weekend was list- and NameBurst-tastic, and now that December approaches, I'm almost ready to hear xmas carols on every freakin' radio station.

RIP Stan Berenstain, co-creator of the lovable bears who taught me about being nice at school and how to share with my siblings (kind of). Luckily, his wife Jan and his sons will continue to create new materials.

And RIP Nick & Jessica (or is it Jessica & Nick?) - poor fools thought they could let every slob in America into their marriage and still maintain a healthy relationship. Not that I'm a big fan of these two, they were complicit in the invasion, but it makes me a little ashamed of the American public that we so delight in watching people's personal lives decombust. Anyway, it's nice that their split has taken a bit of the limelight against the craziest man in America - Tom Cruise. What drugs, er, I mean vitamins, did he stop taking recently?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home