Friday, December 02, 2005

Another year...

A year has passed and come back around again to that most sacred of days...my birthday. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I love my birthday. I like that we all have one day that reminds us of our entry into this world. And that people say "happy birthday" and it makes you smile. And I like presents, not in a materialistic way, but because I am lucky enough to have people in my life who take great care and thought in selecting things for me. And there's usually cake. I like cake.

So, this past year was one of welcome surprises, more laughter than tears, and some wedding attending and lots of wedding planning. A girl can hardly ask for more.

Oh, and Radio Sh@ck commercials can eat my ass - they are the definition of the gross commercialization of christmas (and as I mentioned, I like presents, but snotty kids demanding electronics from their parents, brutal).

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Chris said...

A Birthday Haiku for Jill:
**************************
Happy Birthday Jill
May all your wishes come true
Today and always

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger cda said...

Happy Birthday, Jill!
--Cathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home