Thursday, December 15, 2005

A pebble?

So, I was driving on the highway last week and a pebble flew out from some truck's tire and whizzed off of my windshield. Other than scaring the crap out of me, the small flying stone did little damage - just a small nick below my sightline. I thought about this nick for .2 seconds before forgetting about it's existence.

Silly me.

This morning, while peacefully driving on the highway (read: inching forward through traffic tighter than a nun's ass), a long, slow crack began stretching out in either direction of this nick and only stoped when it had traveled almost the entire width of my windshield. There was no fanfare, no drama, just a blossoming line accompanied by the tiniest sigh of a 'snap'.

My insurance agent asked if there was anyone to blame and I answered, "you mean the pebble?" And she answered no anyone. Obviously the answer here: god. Jerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home