Thursday, November 18, 2004

Games and music

Dinner Monday night at Kate's was a lovely time. Besides feeling better, and eating some incredibly tasty food, Bryan and I were introduced to a new game. We of the HUGE game-playing fandom fell in love with this gem of a trivia/knowledge game. It's called "Facts in Five" and it was first sold in 1967. I don't know for how many additional years the game was on the market, but it still looks like a game out of the sixties and the categories are quaintly (and scarily) dated (Women's Professions and Living Statesmen to name a few), but it made for a fun post-dinner party activity. You pick 5 category cards, which you use to fill in the top of your score card, and then 5 different letters of the alphabet, which you use to fill in the side of your score card. Then you have to fill in the matrix of 25 possible answers in 5 minutes! It is tough and it makes you think and it made us happy. I look forward to playing this thought-provoking game again and again.

Bryan and I have watched American Splendor and Say Anything in the past 2 nights, both good movies with amazing male leads. Now, I am working on creating a list of my top 100 favorite albums so that I can participate in the elite Queensbury High School 200 albums (affectionately referred to as QHS 200). I think that I will have more female artists on my list than the original 7 participants combined :) I will post my list when I'm done and I'll make sure to link to the new list. Here is the link to last year's for reference.

I also keep meaning to mention that I posted some pics from Halloween on the right side under Pictures. If anyone has more, I'd love to see them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home