Monday, November 15, 2004

Highlights

Since I last blogged:

Work is so busy that I barely have a minute to pee let alone blog or stay caught up with all the people I wish I talked to more. I am really enjoying all the activity and I still love to say, "I'm a librarian" when asked what I do. I can't imagine that sentence getting old, ever.

I watched ER on Thursday night and had a good cry thanks to a guest appearance by Ray Liotta as an alcoholic, ex-con who goes to the emergency room with a stomach ache and ends up dying of liver, kidney and pancreas failure. Of course, his only son who he hasn't seen in 12 years refuses to come and say goodbye to him and Ray ends up dying as Mekhi Phifer's character holds his hand. Moving stuff.

This weekend included:
A movie at home - The Station Agent: A phenomenal movie with infectious characters. The main character is a dwarf whose voice is amazing. I highly recommend this movie.

A smashing dinner party hosted by Jason and Liz.

A visit to Taunton to see brother and his family. It was my niece's one month birthday and we celebrated with a candle in an eclair that was eaten by my nephew. Ah, the spoils of big-brotherhood.

And today, home sick with a terrible stomachache and headache. I got to sleep most of it off and am now looking forward to dinner at Kate's.

That's all I've got for now.

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I hope you are feeling better. Save some room on Thanksgiving for a triple decker chocolate cake with Bailey's Irish Creme frosting...it's one of my specialties.

How cool is the name Mekhi Phifer's? Very - says I.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home