Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I was Wrong

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I think that there was a small place in my heart that said that I wanted to trade the Presidential election for a World Series win. Well, that was dumb and I was wrong. If Ohio does, indeed, fall to Bush and Kerry loses, that loss is worse than Game 7 of the 2003 season, worse than '86 and '75 and '67 and yes, worse than a sweep by the other evil empire woud've been this year.

Not only would the president be Republican (and scarily fucking christian and pro-'no personal liberties that cross with his agenda'), but the Republican House and Senate have gained ground. And Tom Daschle has been beaten - he was the house minority leader and a BIG reason that many of Bush's narrow-minded, pro-jesus initiatives didn't get passed over the last 4 years.

My only consolation right now is that Bush and his administration have to clean up the mess they've made and that all of those ignorant, god-loving, Fox news believing Americans who have voted for this moron are going to be crying in their non-alcoholic beer when Bush cuts off a liberty they actually enjoy. Then they will see what a mistake it was to cast a ballot for W the puppet.

Welcome to America the theocracy.

It is a dark day. Australia is looking better and better.

3 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Chris said...

My dear friend...I would happily become a die hard red sox fan for life if just this once we could change the outcome of the presidential election.

One of my colleagues is working on a plan for secession and also considering pushing forward Texas' bid for secession which has been on the books for years.

I am deeply saddened. However, I have already drawn a prototype of the Hillary for President 2008 buttons.

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My darling pucina, Now is the time to focus on Massachusetts. We, you and I and all of the citizens we know in the Commonwealth have to begin working for Scott Harshbarger for Governor! Are you IN? we have two years. . . then Hillary in 2008. . .save your energy, I am calling Donna Kumug. . .and signing up, do I give her your name too? Bryan? who else? Australia has the Queen's influence and no plaid sheets, stay here, together we can make a difference. JJ & USteve will want to join our bandwagon, I just feel confident they'll join us because we are going to be classy and successful!

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, thanks for putting into words exactly how I'm feeling. I just cannot believe the outcome. I literally have felt ill all day just thinking about it. I was really trying to have "faith" in the american people, but what a crock!
Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home