Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Am I too young to have a heart attack?

And am I really stupid enough to continue to believe that it's possible? Hopefully, the answer to the first questions is no, but the answer to the second question is a resounding yes. My belief in the Red Sox is ingrained in the fabric of my being. I cannot give up hope that they will do the impossible. But watching the games is painful on the stomach and the heart. I am a bit incredulous that Schilling is going to pitch this evening though I just can't believe that he would put himself out there if he weren't REALLY confident that he can get the win. If only Damon and Ramirez would hit the ball, is 3 for 5 so much to ask? And when does David Ortiz get his Red Sox Nation Hero award? He is amazing.

Bryan and I met Lauryn this weekend. She has an official middle name, Elizabeth, just like Bryan's niece 'Lauren Elizabeth'. The two names do sound good together. She is tiny and adorable, with lots of dark hair and very blue eyes. She looks a lot like my nephew Noah did when he was born, but her skin is rosier. I am amazed by infants; everything is just so darn tiny: fingernails, ears, toes, lips. Quite an incredible experience to hold a 3-day old.

Rain, rain, go away, Let the Sox and Satans play.
And when we make those meatheads pay, we'll get to play another day :)

Go Sox!!

1 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Blogger Bryan said...

Those meatheads paid, I suppose. Love the poem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home