Monday, September 20, 2004

Whiskey, You're the Devil

The weekend festivities in NH were Malveylicious and whiskey-lickin' good. We drove north through the remnants of Hurricane Ivan to find a sunnier (not by much, but I'll take what I can get) Rye, New Hampshire, a whole lot of Malveys, good food, good music and plenty of tasty spirits. Rich celebrated his 60th in grand style and I was happy to be a part of it. The only thing missing were lights in the bathrooms and light switches in our hotel room (but, hey, we had 2 Bibles). Rich is an incredible, generous, fun-loving person, and the same is true for his family. So, cheers to you, me fine Irish lad:
"Up the long ladder and down the short rope.
To hell with King Richard and god bless the pope.
If that don't do, we'll tie 'em in two,
And send 'em to hell in their red, white, and blue."
Or my personal favorite:
"Here's to you, here's to me;
Best of friends we'll always be.
Should we ever disagree,
Fuck you, Here's to me."

I am quite consciously NOT mentioning the Sox cause they break my heart when they forget to play baseball, especially against New York. I still love 'em and I still have faith that they will make the post season, but why oh why do they gotta drop such ugly games. Enough of that.

Today is September 20th and it is the best September 20th I could possibly be having. Besides spending my day at my job, which I love, I am going to spend it at the b-day party of a 4 year old with the person I love best beside me. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home