Friday, September 17, 2004

Blogging Mania and a Sad Goodbye

I hardly have time to get work done with all the blogs that I now enjoy reading. And I now feel so much more pressure to blog often and well. I don't have much for the community today. I am a bit tired, having stayed up way too late last night, and I am looking forward to Richard's big 60th Birthday bash this weekend in New Hampshire, complete with an Irish band and the Atlantic Ocean. Should be an amazing time.

I meant to write my condolences to my sister-in-law Karen all week and ironically by the time I am getting to it, it is on her 5 year wedding anniversary. She lost her grandfather unexpectedly last week. He lives in Florida and was out doing some errands at WalMart when he had a heart attack in the parking lot, in his car. I'm afraid that I can't write more about it because it sounds like some kind of macabre joke. Go out for some t.p. and undershirts, end up in the ground. I found it deeply sad when I heard the news. His wife, Karen's grandmother, is a lovely woman and she is devastated. Do you even say a real goodbye when your partner and best friend for over 50 years goes out to run some errands? And how do you reconcile that when you find out he is never coming home? Makes you think about your interactions with the people you love. Go call your mother (father, wife, cousin, friend) for pete's sake and tell her/him you love 'em.

Congrats to JJ and Karen. I know it's not the happiest, but it is worth celebrating.

Have a safe weekend everyone.

1 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Jill. It takes time to tell someone but the feeling once it's said is so peaceful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home