Friday, August 27, 2004

Coming up roses

This week has certainly ended so much better than it started, and it didn't even start that badly.

I've settled into work and my job pretty effortlessly. I really enjoy the people that I work with and the teachers who come in to use the Library's resources. I have received a lot of nice compliments this week about my presence here at PS. It is always nice to hear that one is helpful and friendly. I also found out that I am the youngest employee here. Me, the librarian, youngest. Kinda cool.

Picked Bryan up at the airport Weds night. Don't want to make anyone vomit into their Friday afternoon coffee, so I'll just say, oooweeee, was it great to see him. And the drive to and from Logan, so easy thanks to the Williams Tunnel. Yay, Boston, you actually created a structure to aid the flow of traffic that works. Well done.

Dingers last night at Fenway didn't involve any actual dingers, but it was a great time. The Sox were ahead for most of the game; there were some tense moments as there always are, but Arroyo pitched a strong 7+ innings and there were a lot of doubles and singles and some errors by the Tigers that made it a fun game to watch. And, Bryan and I sat in a short aisle (11 seats and then a pole) that turned out to be filled with 5 of the oddest looking and kind of smelly people on our left and 4 of the ugliest people on our right, all of whom made it up on the big screen (Bryan's right arm got in). Yes, I'm saying that the 2 most attractive people in the row were bypassed by the camera in favor of 9 fans from the island of misfit people. I'm kidding, but it was funny and they were ugly. Oh well. Add this enjoyable night to the unexpected surprise of getting paid by my new employer for this week, a potential roommate visit on Saturday afternoon, and a Bentley young alum booze cruise this evening, and BAM! you got one hell of an end to the week.

Thank you all for coming, enjoy the fish, I'll be back here next week.

1 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction: Bronson Arroyo pitched 7 1/3 strong innings Thursday night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home