Monday, August 16, 2004

Hurricane Charlie

Wednesday night met Bryan's Aunt Susan and Uncle Don and his 2 adorable cousins, Lydia and Rachel. We enjoyed some swinging on the swingset, an excellent dinner and great conversation (along with some playing "pretend", reading the Very Grumpy Ladybug, and helping find a new pair of underpants for a 3-year-old).

This weekend marked Jen and Charlie's wedding in New Hampshire. Hurricane be damned, this wedding was going to be perfect, and it was.
The festivities included:
*Friday, bridal luncheon at Jen's grandmother's house: tasty food and much wedding talk.
*Friday night, rehearsal and dinner: excellent aisle-walking and more tasty food, plus presents for the bridal party in which I received a lovely bag named Jill from LL Bean filled with all sorts of useful bath products and pens also named Jill.

*Saturday morning, hair salon: Though a hurricane had threatened, we woke to a perfect blue sky. I then had my hair pulled in several directions and suffered many moments of panic when I thought that a bird's nest was being erected on top of my head, but in the end, I marveled at the amazing updo that was created not only from my hair, but for all of the bridesmaids. And Jen's hair and makeup were incredible and the super-model bride was ready to go and get married.
*Saturday, wedding and reception: The Portsmouth String Quartet played throughout the ceremony, Charlie cried like a baby when he first saw Jen and during his vows, Charlie's father cried during one of the readings, and the minister cried before announcing the happily married couple. Through all of these joyous tears, Charlie and Jen managed to get married.
The reception was at Jen's aunt and uncle's house, which was incredible. Besides the indoor basketball court and gym, movie theatre, and game room, the house had a pool, hottub, outdoor bar, and a lawn large enough to accomodate a gigantic tent. There were pink roses and candles everywhere and the glow of the lights in the tent was only eclipsed by those coming from the newlyweds. It was a perfect day and a wonderful wedding. I was honored to be a part of it. I was also thrilled to watch Bryan and Kate shake their groove thangs throughout the evening and to share another fantasticly entertaining wedding with Bryan as my date.

*Sunday, the morning after: I woke up pretty refreshed since my bridesmaid duties kept me just busy enough to avoid over-drinking. Bryan and Kate, however, were not so fortunate as they both slowly re-entered the light of day after the open bar from the night before kicked their asses into a dark pit. We had a nice brunch under the tent once more before heading home, listening to the Sox on the radio, at a low volume for those with 'headaches', of course.
*Sunday night: Found out that it was 'about time' for which I was the recipient of a beautiful bracelet, got my ass handed to me in Trivial Pursuit and ate a tasty, salty dinner at the Coolidge Corner Clubhouse.

Today I am whistling through my second to last day at the Liberry and looking forward to some time off and another wedding this weekend.

2 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Chris said...

What is it about wedding that make the ladies feel like their hair must defy gravity? Why the "up do"? I don't think I'll ever understand that - and while we are on that, how come as the age of the women increase, so does the height of the "up do"?

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't have a wedding without an "up-do" Chris - It's just tradition!!

Thanks for the tasteful entry Ms. Jeffrey. Hope you liked the bracelet...Bryan and I spent a long time discussing that! :)

Good Luck on your last day! WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!
xxoo, Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home