Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Upward and Onward

My last day at the job flew by today. Besides an embarrassing send-off party where lots of people I didn't want to touch me hugged me with great enthusiasm [I apparently made a little bit more of an impression than I thought and people genuinely seemed sorry to see me go], I managed to wrap up all the loose ends and pack up my desk and walk out the front door. Well, going I am and happily, though there are definitely elements of my workplace that I will miss (shout out to the lunch crew).

Off to NYC for the day with Dana to see the Modigliani exhibit at the Jewish History Museum tomorrow. Taking the Lucky Star with a tiny bit of trepidation but I do like adventure, so it should be an interesting and enjoyable day. Thought it was a good thing to do on my first day of Library freedom. Enjoy your work day, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home