Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Fall

Today is the first day of fall. This has caused me to think about all of the reasons why I love the fall.
Apple picking
Caramel apples
The slight chill in the air
The sharp smell of leaves
Amazing leaf colors
School starting - feels like a time of new beginnings
Baseball playoffs
Halloween
Halloween parties
Haunted houses
Fall festivals
Jack O'Lanterns
Pumpkin pie
Football games
Frost on the grass
My birthday

What I don't like are the ever-shortening days and looming snow and ice storms. I enjoy winter, but I like it much more in December and January than in Feb, March, April and May.

I am swamped at work (in a good way) and am looking forward to some good baseball for the rest of this week. I am appalled at the beheadings occurring in Iraq and at people's apparent lack of shock. Have we, as a society, truly become desensitized to innocent men losing their lives in such a brutal way so that they can be used as pawns in a game that no one can win?

That's all I've got for you today. Have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home