Friday, September 24, 2004

So, I'm sitting at my desk at work. It's 8:03 in the morning. I am supposed to be in a car, on my way to Vermont for a work retreat. My entire company is gathering 2 and a half hours away to hold a strategy meeting. The Vermont setting gets us out of the 'usual' work frame of mind and should allow for some good thinking. The reason I'm not in a car traveling to this meeting is one very large, very full tractor trailer truck. The driver of this truck managed to flip over on the highway, spilling 100 gallons of oil fuel and 90,000 floor tiles, thus blocking traffic for miles. My colleague who is driving my butt to Vermont is sitting in that traffic that is being redirected for miles and miles.

I have been in one car accident that I caused when a dog ran out in front of my car and I swerved to avoid hitting the little guy. I totalled my car, caused some damage to the guard rail, but none to myself (at least physically) and none to any other vehicles on the road. I did block one lane of a two-lane highway for about 40 minutes, but it was a Saturday morning at 10am, so it wasn't too bad. I do understand that accidents happen; that's why the word exists. But to flip a huge truck carrying that much cargo? That amazes me. Did the drive fall asleep? Did s/he bend over to pick up the CB that had fallen on the floor? Was it too foggy to see the road? Anyway, maybe they could send a grout truck to the scene and pretty up the road. Think of all the tile that will go un, um, tiled this day.

The Sox are killing me; they gave up another winable game last night. Tonight starts a 3 game series with the Satans that the Sox have to bring their A-game to. George Bush still thinks it was a GREAT idea to invade Iraq and once again defended his stance (not 'ours', his) to the UN, even though they have determined that it was an illegal invasion. Please go out and vote against this moron in November.

Apple picking this weekend and maybe a trip to the Big E. Enjoy the weekend. I am going outside to wait for Paul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home