Saturday, October 02, 2004

For the Record

In Thursday's debate, George Bush said
'Hard' (as in "It's hard work" and "It's a hard job" when referring to the presidency) 23 times
'Saddam Hussein'' 17 times (to Kerry's 9 times)
'Osama bin Laden' 4 times (to Kerry's 7 times)
'Freedom' (as in "I love freedom") 10 times

I may need to seek counseling for anger management if our country re-elects this moron. He couldn't directly answer anything and he spoke as slowly as possible to say as little as possible in his allotted time. Meanwhile, Kerry was composed and articulate and he actually outlined ideas and plans that he has for the future.
____________________________________________________________

We're still not sure who the Sox will be playing in the first round, though I am hoping that Minnesota loses today so that we are playing either the A's or the Angels. I think that we have a better shot against either team and that Minnesota has a better shot of beating the Satans.

This weekend, Bryan is going to grab himself a little piece of baseball history as he heads to Shea Stadium to watch the final game of the Expos in the Montreal uniform. I have big plans to work in the morning (which I'm in the middle of doing right now - obviously), watch most of the day/night double header the Sox are playing against the Orioles, buy carpets for my bedroom and den, and finish laying tile and smoothing out my bubbled wallpaper border in my bathroom.
____________________________________________________________

At work this past week, I successfully ran a book sale in which I made over $100 selling old library books that we were going to toss anyway; and I became part of a team of 4 working to propose and write a grant for $$ for next year. We are attempting to partner with Boston charter schools to offer them the benefit of the extraordinary resources at Primary Source. We have 2 weeks to get 3 to 5 schools to agree to partner with us, write up the proposal and send it in. I am feeling pretty energized at this opportunity since it is the first time that I have been involved in writing a grant. And because it is such a cool opportunity for these schools to make connections and bring more resources to their teachers and students.

1 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger Chris said...

DO you think we can get a group rate on the anger management thing (just in case)?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home