Thursday, October 28, 2004

Justice. Victory. WHAHOOOOO

86 years

31, 458 days

45,299,520 minutes

And now, WORLD CHAMPIONS!

As I jumped around, tears streaming from my eyes, hugging, high-fiving, laughing everyone in sight, I had the thought, "How do I find the words to explain this feeling and what it means?"

How indeed. I get goosebumps every time I repeat the words, World Series Winners, to myself, and I smile when I think of the flip to first from Keith Foulke, then Varitek rushing the mound and sandwiching Foulke with Doug Mientkiewicz. I have decided that it can be explained as better than 'a wedding day/just had a baby/just completed my master's degree/won the lottery' feeling. Wow! Course I haven't had some of those days, but in my mind, that is what I am likening it to. Deal.

My FAVORITE story about the win. I double heart Curt Schilling.

I will just end this on this note: Thank you Red Sox players, thank you life. There is still next year, but we don't have to wait for it, though I still will, and it may never be this sweet again, but it will still be pretty great, and I will always be a fan looking forward to the win.

CurtSchilling bless America!!



Addendum at 2:35pm
I am feeling a little crushed right now. I just found out that Curt Schilling is a born-again Christian and when he was interviewed on Good Morning America this morning and he said, 'Get out there and vote. Vote Bush.' Ahhhhhhhhh! My hero has been drafted by the dark side. Supporting right-wing, 'god-told-me-to-do-it' politics? NOOOOOOO. I still love and admire him as a baseball player, but I just can't love him in the same die-hard, hero-worshipping way that I did this morning. Next I'm gonna find out Santa Clause doesn't really exist...



4 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart that Johnny Pesky story! mgo

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Bryan said...

Addendum, why did you have to ruin Christmas?

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and tell Bry O'C who the Easter Bunny is. . .

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Jerry said...

NNNOOOOOOO!!!! They got to him? Dammit.
He does still rock as a baseball player.

What's this talk about Santa Claus??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home