Wednesday, October 20, 2004

It all comes down to this

YES, YES, YES!!!

A moment of silent gratitude for Schilling's tendon. My favorite quote so far about his performance (from Ian Browne, MLB.com):
"The Red Sox hopped on Schilling's back, and somehow the big righty's ailing right ankle -- which will be operated on as soon as this season ends -- didn't buckle."

I only had to pop 2 Pepcids last night during the game. Not too bad. The poem for today:

There once was a pitcher named Lowe
who agreed to go out and throw.
Game seven we'll win,
he said with a grin,
Since I'll strike 'em all out in a row.

Not perfect, but it'll do - I'm drained (but ready for more).

In other news, I laid absolutely no linoleum nor did I sand any of my wood floor last night. When baseball is over, I may actually finish a home improvement project once I start it. Not that I'm complaining - there is NOTHING better right now than having a stake in October baseball. I also managed to talk to the five people who called me during the game (better than it sounds since there are times that I can't sit and watch and talking is as good a distraction as any). And I worked on my Halloween costume a little - hope all you readers who are joining us have done the same - only 10 days away!

Sox! Sox! Sox!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home