Monday, March 20, 2006

Happy Spring?

A quote about the St. Patrick's Day parade: "it felt colder than the Christmas parade." First of all, there's a Christmas parade in Boston? Second of all, ef you, Spring. I do like that it's sunny out, but sun without warm is like bran-flavored ice cream. Speaking of bran, Bryan took pity on me and bought me a box of Grape Nuts. They kick Bran Nub ass. Mmmmm..crunchy.

Things wedding are progressing nicely. Only 39 days left. We've met with the florist and firmed up all necessary flowers. We've decided to go with tulips - purple and orange. I couldn't love this more. I wanted to find a picture of the two together, but I could only find some of each, so you'll have to use your imagination to put them together:




We've figured out food, given our Motown-heavy, 80s-light, zero-disco playlist to the dj, written our vows and picked our readings. The rings have been engraved, our attire has been selected and appropriately altered, and, our plane tickets are bought and hotel reserved. Most importantly, we have first base tickets at Petco Park for a Saturday night game against the Cubs. Get this, we bought them online, with ease, several days after they went on sale.

In case you were wondering, all seven fishies are still alive.

2 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I was at a conference in San Diego a couple of weeks ago - the convention center is just across the street from Petco Park. Dick's Last Resort (San Diego Branch) is just a couple blocks up in the fun little gaslamp quarter.

I was telling LJ yesterday that I happened across a box of grape nuts on Sunday and picked it up for ya after your sad little yogurt/bran poop story the other day. I'm giving it to her for you in just a few moments when she walks throught he library doors.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger HAGC said...

Grape Nuts rock and are part of the reason I have a job. CW Post was the father of M@rjorie Merriwe@ther Post--benefactor of Hillw00d Museum & Gardens. Yeah for employment.

Hope you guys are well and that your fish live long and prosper!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home