Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Know what pisses me off?

Well, a lot of things, but what pisses me off today? Range Rovers and/or Hummers or SUVs in general with either a)American flag license plates, b)American flags flying from the antenna or in any form of bumper sticker, c)Support our Troops yellow ribbon magnets or stickers, or d)an entire body paintjob that IS the American flag. Hello, dumbass, you're driving a 2 ton off-road vehicle on a tiny two lane route getting all of 13 miles per gallon from your 24 gallon tank. VERY fuckin' American. Man, I wish I had my "the troops are over there because of Oil" sign to hold up.

Also high on the raise-the-bloodpressure list: my neighbor across the street. He has parked his rusty old pickup truck in front of his house, smack in the middle of the curb. Since it is winter and there is a parking ban in effect, we can only park on one side of the street, the odd-numbered side, where his house is located. He doesn't want people parking in front of his house, so he has used his beat-up eyesore of a truck to keep it that way. All this while, he has a 2-car garage and a full driveway, and only his own new pickup truck to drive. Last night, I was forced to park 6 houses down (2 past his). This morning I made that trip again. I am contemplating writing him a letter giving him my "opinion" of how unneighborly and curmudgeonly this behavior is (I might choose other words, who knows). What's that you say? Alert the local authorities about this selfish, seemingly lawfully wrong practice? Nope. As long as the hunk of metal is registered, it can reside in that spot for as long as it wants. My neighbor's name? Dick. Go figure.

And finally, though not pissing me off, it is the Ides of March and it sure was a bad day for Caesar. Be careful out there today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home