Monday, March 13, 2006

Odds & Ends

*Librarians trump nuns! Not that I had any doubt:
"Thursday's competition went 12 rounds and, as expected, came down to the nuns and Boone County librarians, with a Kenton County Public Library team finishing third.

The sisters bowed out when they couldn't spell "chimopelagic," a word that describes organisms that live deep in the sea and come up once in a while for light.

The Boone County librarians spelled that word correctly, then spelled one more word correctly for the win - "trinitrotoluene" - otherwise known as TNT." Now that's explosive.


*How much is your blog worth? Mine is worth a measly 3 grand.


*This past weekend involved 9 hours in the car, lots of hanging with adorable children (all related), Irish carbombs, which did indeed cause my head to explode, catching up with good friends, and eating several meals of deliciously prepared meat. Oh, and basketball. I feel more prepared than ever to fill in my bracket though I think I read too many articles today and now I'm second-guessing myself. You should all enter Bryan's pool - it's stats-filled and delightful. And, you can honestly say that you care when Murray State wins a basketball game (not that I'm saying I picked that).

Congrats to the Thomases - that's one lucky baby. I meant to ask, are you already reciting pi to it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home