Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Oh, and one more thing...

of which I was just reminded at lunch. I was grocery shopping last night and, in an attempt to eat healthier, decided to be better about eating breakfast. Toward this end, I placed a large container of vanilla yogurt in my cart and proceeded to the cereal aisle to find Grape Nuts, cause I'm really not a huge fan of yogurt but it is palatable with crunchy Grape Nuts mixed in.

Aisle 4: Cereal. I slowly and carefully make my way down the aisle, scanning for the familiar box, red "grape", purple "nuts" (heehee). Nothing. Grape Nut Flakes are in abundance, but that's not going to cut it. So, I look to see if I can substitute for my favorite gravel-like, yet tasty, cereal. I stop at All-Bran. I see a picture on one of the boxes that looks like Grape Nuts - they are called All-Bran Bran Nubs. They cost $2. I throw them in my cart.

Today: I pour some Bran Nubs onto my bowl of yogurt. I kid you not that these ungodly things looked like rabbit pellets. They smell faintly of sawdust and taste like the farts of a mummy. I mashed them up into the yogurt and pretended to be somewhere happy in my mind while I swallowed them down. I'd better have one appreciative colon. Healthy sucks.

What I wanted:
What I got:
Grrrr.

2 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two suggestions:

1. Be sure to drink plenty of fludis with the nubs. Trust me.

2. Next time, try Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal in your yogurt. Again, trust me on this.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Those are both excellent suggestions. I'm a fan of the grape-nuts/yogurt mix...Shaw's has their own brand of grape nuts called "Nutty Nuggets" which are a good replica of grape nuts when/if grape nuts aren't available or radically higher priced.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home