Friday, February 18, 2005

God wants full custody, not just weekend visitations

I passed a church that had this gem on its sign outside. Seems like a cheap way to hook into the social climate of people driving past on their way home from work.

Having said that, I will dedicate less than 3% to god this weekend and almost no alimony or child support. So there god.

Bryan and I made it through Valentine's Day swimmingly. We had a lovely dinner at Bella Costa, a small Italian restaurant in Framingham where I used to waitress. I love eating there because I still know most of the staff and they always make me feel like a celebrity when I walk in.

This week also brought an addition to our family on Pond Street as Bryan and I bought another newt to replace the one who got away, Snake. After talking with the people at the pet store, who confirmed that a newt will eat anything he can fit in his mouth, we concluded that when Snake went missing, rather than having an escaped newt on our hands, the aforementioned Snake, we had a rather cannibalistic newt, Pokey, since Snake was much smaller and could've definitely fit in Pokey's mouth.
Nope.
My brother just found Snake, shrivelled and dusty, in the back of a coat closet. How he got out of the tank, down the counter, across quite a bit of floor, down six stairs, and into the closet can only be imagined, but he did. And there he met his end. I felt great sadness that he died this way, alone and in the dark, but Bryan said that it was better than ending up as another newt's lunch. So, Cheese (named that because Bryan and I both share a love for this food, not to encourage Pokey to snack), a larger, more similar-type newt, has joined Pokey.

This week also brought a bit more moving, a fun, though loud, date night at Heather's, an eviction for my company from our current space, which is fine because it also brought the signing of a new lease into nicer, bigger space. I am finally going to be able to design the library that I want, one that will actually house our colletion with room to grow.
And this weekend marks one of the last bridal showers I anticipate attending in quite a while. My friend Nicole's getting married in April, so we are trekking to New Haven to eat some tasty, homemade Italian food and watch her open trivets and such. She's been to so many of these things for all of us that I wouldn't blame her if she opened her gifts in slow motion.

Happy birthday to Madi R, who turns 2 on Saturday, my grandmother, who will be 80 years young on Sunday, and Bryan's dad, who we all decided to honor this year by taking his big day off. Have a great long weekend everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home