Monday, January 10, 2005

Telling Dad and Art Deco is art don't

The highlights of this weekend included telling my father and stepmother that Bryan and I are getting married. I was strangely nervous, but it went well. Waiting until after the wine had been poured was a good strategy.

And visiting the Art Deco exhibit at the Museum of Fine Art. The artifacts and artwork in the actual exhibit were pretty much atrocious. I am just not a fan of lime green, salmon and goldenrod nor do I like things made of vinyl and/or reflective metals or glass. The MFA is a wonderful place to visit though and the rest of the exhibits were amazing. It is so great to surround oneself, if only for a few hours, with beautiful architecture, vibrant color and as Matt put it "cool Egyptian shit". Visiting the museum made me realize that it has been a while since I've done this and next I want to revisit the Worcester Art Museum and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.

This week brings the American Library Association mid-winter meeting which is in Boston and the beginning of the packing for the move downstairs.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What were you nervous about?? One more marriage and you catch up to your dad!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home