Monday, December 13, 2004

The Christmas season is here and is passing by too quickly. I still don't have all of my shopping done, but I did get my first Christmas tree since I lived in Newton in 1999. Course, this brought the realization that I own just 3 ornaments and those were given to me by my nephew for my birthday. I never really thought about how one acquires things like ornaments - I guess just like this: necessity. I have a tree. It's naked. I will purchase glass bobs to dress my tree. Voila, a collection begins.

In baseball news (yes, even in December), the Sox continue to surprise and boggle the fans of Red Sox Nation. They acquired David Wells (boo), haven't yet come to an agreement with Varitek (boo, again) and have let Pedro go to the Mets (I haven't decided if I like this yet). And they put their SoxPax on sale before Christmas, which is good if someone got me one for Christmas, but bad because I am desperately trying to only spend money on other people's enjoyment and happiness. The sacrifice. Sigh.

At work, we are playing a game called Know Your Co-worker where each person submits 3 facts, two of which are true and one of which is false. We will all guess on each others' facts. Here are mine:

I have never bought a television.
I speak 3 languages
I have never been to DisneyWorld

What do you think? If people actually care/respond, I'll tell you the answer in a later blog.

I think I should mention that Bryan and I lost a newt last week. I mean that literally. On Sunday, there were 2 in the tank and on Wednesday there was only Pokey. So, either Snake died and Pokey ate him (possible - Pokey eats his own shedded skin. It's gross.) or Snake hatched a tank-break that put him somewhere in my house. We looked under just about everything, but there were a few things we couldn't move due to sheer weight, so he could be hiding out under the washing machine wishing he were once again back in the luxury and watery happiness of his tank. I feel pretty bad about his disappearance and I hope he is happy wherever he is. Or that he was at least tasty.

That's all I've got for now.

3 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Chris said...

could be Bin Laden

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Kate said...

R.I.P. Snake

You have never been to Disneyworld?

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the cat smiling. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home