Wednesday, January 26, 2005

ugh

I'm feeling repetitious. It's snowing here. Heard that before? Sorry. I hate snow. I never used to. In fact, I liked it well enough before. Now I own a house. And a shovel. And I'm a bit jaded. I don't see the prettiness anymore, just the potential for increased traffic and the possible storm damage and the face of the receptionist at my chiropractor's office. Do I have to have a kid soon so I can vicariously experience that joy that comes with waking up to a world covered, even gleaming, with a cool white blanket? Anyone got one I could borrow (a kid, that is, not a white blanket)?

Anyway, I'm off tomorrow so I can go and buy a car. I left the exhaust pipe of my SAAB somewhere on Rt 128 last night, so it's time for new ride. Course, all the cars I look at will be covered with snow. Did I mention that it was snowing here?

3 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Chris said...

You are always welcome to Victoria for a while. Good luck with the new ride - I happen to be quite skilled at buying cars and would be more than happy to help out with the negotiation process.

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

North Carolina is lovely you know...and it rarely snows. Happy car-buying!
XO
Colleen

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger HAGC said...

You don't need to vicariously experience joy through the kid--they shovel, you enjoy snow! That's how it worked in my house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home