Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Librarians, librarians, everywhere

This weekend I bought an elliptical trainer and got my engagement ring sized so it doesn't fly across the room everytime I talk (which I do with my hands, of course). I also saw Sideways which made me want to consume mass quantities of good wine (like I would know the difference) and made me laugh very hard; and I saw the Patriots kick some Indianapolis ass which made me want to drink some gatorade and made me smile very large.

And I attended the American Library Association mid-winter meeting. Basically it's a chance for all of the different library committees (and there are a lot of them) to get together to discuss what's happened in the past six months (since the annual conference in June) and for vendors to show off their wares to librarians. I left the conference with more brochures than I will ever have time to look through, several advanced copies of young adult books, a few reference books that I bought for the PS Library and lots of ideas for new library shelving and collection development. I also got to meet some cool librarians from around the country and the cartoonist/creator of Unshelved, a brilliant comic strip about a group of library workers in a public library. Really, hilarious.
Man, am I a library dork or what?

Speaking of library dorks, hahaha, Happy Birthday Jen. Sorry, I know it was yesterday, but I didn't blog and I had no idea what day it was :) We'll celebrate on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home