Thursday, February 03, 2005

Happy Commuter

I am the happy driver of a new (to me) Toyota Avalon. It is a 1997 and probably has too many miles for the amount that I paid, but it drives really well, is a heavier sedan, unlike the smaller Civic or Corolla I could've bought a bit newer for the same price, so I feel safe when I drive, and it has nice features like heat and ac that work, a sun roof, leather seats and a CD player. I don't care about fancy add-ons, but it feels good to have a car in which people will feel comfortable riding. And my commute? I barely notice that I am sitting in parking-lotlike conditions. My car isn't going to die any second and I don't have to shift any more, so I can focus on other things like trying to remember if I unplugged the iron this morning and when I'm going to get to Bed, Bath & Beyond to buy bathmats and what kind of appetizers I'm going to make this weekend for our Super Bowl party.

In apartment news, Bryan and I stripped a little more wallpaper last night (that sounds kind of dirty, but really it's just gluey and painful to the arm muscles). We still have some steaming in our future if we want to get the bedroom wallpaper down (again, sounds dirtier than it is) and I would like to refinish the hardwood floors with some DIY method my mom explained to me. Basically, when I'm not thinking about eating, sleeping, or books that would be great to buy or catalogue for PS's collection, I am thinking about how best and fastest to accomplish all the home repairs and improvements I would like to finish. Man, when did I turn into such a boring adult homeowner? At least on Sunday I can think about how well Tom Brady is moving the ball down the field, how nice it would be to remain champions, and how much cheese dip I can eat and still fit into my pants on Monday morning.

1 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Yeah for new cars!!! Thanks for the party on Sunday. I had a GREAT time. Can't wait for my next leg hug.
-- Kate Lane Bruschi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home