Saturday, January 29, 2005

Car and Dingers!

It hasn't snowed for 3 days now. Course, it also hasn't been warm enough for any of our existing snow to melt. January ends Monday. That's good cause it means only 4 more months til the sun shines down on us and means it.

I went car shopping on Thursday and I think I bought a car. I drove a few and found one that I really like, a '97 Toyota Avalon, very nice. However, it was making a noise when I turned the steering wheel, so the dealer agreed to have it checked out and repaired, if needed, before we completed our deal. It's Saturday at 9:06am and I'm AAA-loan-approved, SAAB-donated-to-charity-already Ready and I haven't heard when/if the Avalon will be ready. I am a bit nervous since I only have a car to borrow on Monday, but I think that Rudy at Cadillac City will come through today. I'll keep you posted.

While I am eagerly looking forward to the Super Bowl and I do really love the Pats, Red Sox tickets go on sale today (in case anyone cares, or is wondering what to get me for any gift ever this year). I have my phone set to the ticketing number and a browser open to the "Purchase Tickets" page on the Sox site. I'm ready. Sox! Sox! Sox!

I have some belated B-day wishes to offer. To Jason, who would rather not be well-wished, I waited as long as I could - Happy freakin' birthday. To Nick, who probably would've enjoyed a good thought on his birthday, my mind was clouded over with snow, I hope you had a lovely NY day and that you get home to your heart safely.

3 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you by any chance have saved the front page of the Globe the day after the Sox won the series? mgo

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I hope the Car works out for ya. I managed to get 4 tix to each of two games at Yankee (SATANS as you refer to them) Stadium against the Red Sox. I'm so looking forward to that.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Jill O. said...

MGO: Yes, I have the front page from the Boston Globe and the NY Times from the day after the series win. Email me off-blog.

And Chris, wow, I had to stay in the virtual waiting room all day just to get some crummy seats in the bleachers in August!!! Bryan and I are actually thinking of trying to get tickets to Sox games in other stadiums like DC and Atlanta just to catch a few games this year. Ah, the plight of a Boston fan...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home