Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Preoccupied

I know that I've done a lot of stuff in the past week, but I can't remember a freakin' thing. Well, maybe I do.
*I read a really good book, Our Lives are the Rivers by Jaime Manrique, a book set in Ecuador and Peru about Manuela Saenz, the lover of Simon Bolivar. Really good historical fiction.
*I got to celebrate our upcoming nuptials with beer and free nachos and a tasty burger courtesy of Colleen and Kate. Yay!
*I also celebrated my dad's bday with tasty Fr@mingham B@kery pizza and my noisy (though lovely) niece and nephew.
*I had a hair "trial", which seems to be a pre-requisite for getting one's hair done on one's wedding day. It looked pretty nice I guess.
*oh, yeah, Easter. We ate ham, and it was good.
*Celebrated Patriots Day with my broom and mop - dustbunnies stood no chance against my wrath. To quote Tangina, "this house...is clean." (seriously? Poltergeist)
*Got surprised by my excellent co-workers with brie and a huge heart-shaped brownie, and presents. I love those guys.
*Visited weather.com more times than ever before to check that 10-day forecast.
*Went to dinner with my favorite grandma, who never ceases to amaze me with her grace and generosity.
*Felt saddened by all of the violence in Iraq and worried that it was too easy to feel good about so many wonderful things in my life when others live in constant fear. I hope that by working at an organization that attempts to instill cultural awareness and sensitivity in students, the future of this world, that I am doing a small part to make things better.

And that brings me to 5 more days of work and mere single digits until the wedding.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI: The ten day forecast will change at least ten times before the big day is here. It'll be great no matter what the weather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home