Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Mexican hat dance

Bryan is trying to read and I'm singing the Mexican hat dance because I was just looking at birthday e-cards and the Hoops & Yoyo characters sing a mexican birthday song, which is really just the hat dance song - woo, funny stuff. And a little bit obnoxious.

Anyway, I spent the weekend babysitting for 3 kids and I learned some stuff:
*Kids can consume an obscene amount of kraft mac & cheese - so can the babysitter when faced with a choice between a bowl of gooey orange macaroni or a bowl of candy for lunch
*Armpit farts come in ALL varieties
*"I have to go the bathroom" means NOW
*Having children means going to a lot of birthday parties (5 in 3 days between 2 of the 3 kids)
*It is way more fun to be at the park than at work
*The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles aren't as dorky (and therefore cute, in my mind) as they were 15 years ago
*Bunkbeds make it difficult to throw a 6-year-old into bed
*Nothing is more beautiful than a sleeping child
*Three kids is a handful

Watching the Pats game was painful, especially as I was alone in a house with 3 sleeping children. There was no one with whom to commiserate as the dream crumbled turnover by turnover, so I paced and talked to myself (perfectly acceptable in this situation) and watched Bill's house topple. It was an exciting run and a pretty good season and it will be kind of (really, only kind of) nice not to have a vested routing interest for the Super Bowl - I can just enjoy it (unless Pittsburgh wins :)

In wedding news, Bryan has picked out the tuxes and I have an appointment with our florist on Saturday. My "non-bachelorette" party is in the works and the invitations have been started (thank you, again, Nic for the design templates). As the wedding channel has informed me, 100 days to go. Maybe we should play the Mexican hat dance for our first dance...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home