Friday, June 11, 2004

Dingers!

Went to the ballgame last night. Pokey Reese's first at bat on his 31st birthday was a solo dinger. He said that it was his 1st b-day homer and his mom was at the game, which was excellent all around. Nomar's second night since coming back from an Achilles' tendon injury was lovely - he had a great two-run double in the fifth inning prompting Bryan to vote for him on his last 3 All-Star ballots. Course, I voted for Red Sox at every position on the AL side of the ballot. And I found out today that Schilling is playing with a hurt ankle. He actually takes a shot of anaesthetic before each game and plans to do this for the rest of the season. He will get arthroscopic surgery after the playoffs (yes, I believe the Sox will get into the postseason). I thought he was amazing before, but he has been elevated to Hero status.

So, beers and beachballs and bleacher seats along with Cuban sandwiches and lots of manbacon made for one of the most entertaining ballgames I have been to. I was also supposedly surrounded by lots of Holy Cross alums, but I failed to recognize a single person. Oh well. Dingers!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home