Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Plans schmans

So, I recovered quickly from my night with Andre - for some reason 6 bottles of champagne split among three women over 6 hours did not have the anticipated effect and I was able to not only drive myself home with ease, but to drop Kate off on the way. It was a lovely night that confirmed my already pretty rock-solid belief that time spent in the company of other amazing women is vital to a healthy psyche.

This week has been Sox-tastic. Sunday, Bryan and I visited McCoy Stadium for the first time with my dad and brothers (and their significants) to watch a PawSox game. Though the home team didn't win, we did score bronze-like Wade Boggs statuettes (commemorating his Hall of Fame induction the night previous), drink $4 beers, and park easily for next to nothing. Then, last night, as I was preparing to leave work, I got a call from my younger brother asking about my plans for the evening. Having only a half-hearted plan to go shopping for a dress for the wedding I'm going to this weekend, I was open to creating a new plan. He had free tickets to the Sox game and I'm not sure there are plans I wouldn't cancel for an opportunity to sit in a tiny hot seat, surrounded by the screaming, cheering swell of humanity all focused on the same end: not spilling our beer as we clap for our favorite boys of summer at the hometown park. To make the night sweeter, the Sox pulled out a victory as Wakefield got the birthday W and we met up with Kate and Matt, who were also at the park, for a post-game brew.

Course, I still need to find a @&#$! dress for the wedding, and I need to get a haircut, tidy up the house in preparation for 4 days away (and the return home with a few members of Bryan's family in tow), and pull all of the loose ends together at work so I can vacate the office for a week without worry.

In a short follow-up to my car saga, written about at length two weeks ago (July 21st post): I got my car back from the auto shop with the brake lights fully operational, pulled into a parking lot, and was RAMMED INTO by a young girl who neglected to stop at the funny-shaped, red sign in front of her. So, I lost a piece of my headlight and have quite a pathetic dent on my front, right fender (at least it off-sets the dent on my driver's side door acquired the very first day I drove the car courtesy of an unfortunately placed pole in my office parking lot). At least she had insurance, and I have an appointment to have both the fender and the door fixed. Ah, the joy!

So, in closing, congrats to the once and future inhabitants of Vin@l Avenue - can't wait to be invited over to "your" place for couple-like things. Happy first tooth to my 9-month old niece, may the rest follow in as painless a manner possible, and to her mother, my lovely sister-in-law, Happy Bday to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home