Friday, July 22, 2005

Snog all

I've had several conversations lately about Harry Potter and the latest book (6) of Rowling's. I pre-ordered the book a few weeks ago, so it was waiting for me on Saturday morning at 10am - thank you, Amazon.

I finished the book on Wednesday night, at 1:15am, amidst a flood of tears and with great praise for the author who pulled NO punches. She has told the story of Harry and his friends and professors in such a way that I care about every single person and want to know what happens to all of them. I have heard that it is going to take her a few years to publish book 7 because she would like to spend time with her children, and while this is understandable, I am very excited to read the last book in this enthralling, engaging, well-written, well-crafted series and would love to have the next book as soon as possible. I would welcome comments from anyone who has read book 6 since the only person I've been able to talk about this with at this point is Bryan, who has NEVER read one of the books (and while he has been sympathetic and supportive, I don't want to make him too crazy talking about it all the time). I love any book that gets people of all ages reading and engaged with the material, but I have a particular affinity for HP and was not disappointed with the latest book.

I will also be using the word "snogging" more often as I find it a lovely word and I didn't mind at all that this book made such use of the topic. I suppose that I can review the book more thoroughly when I am sure that enough people have read it and that I'm not spoiling any plot secrets.

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger JC said...

Heh...I cried too.

And to think I used to think the HBP was good! I know he had to do it because of that vow he made, BUT STILL. I still can't believe it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home