Friday, July 08, 2005




I had the bright idea to take this past Tuesday off, following an already long weekend thanks to the 4th of July. This was a bad idea. I have been so swamped at work that I've barely seen daylight this week. Luckily, the weather has been cooperating and I haven't wanted to be out in the rainy, chilly outdoors. I am actually looking forward to rush hour traffic tonight because it will mean that I have left work along with all of the other people who leave work at a reasonable hour.

So, enough work ranting. Shit, I was so busy this week that I didn't find out that bombs had been detonated in London on Thursday until the day was almost over. I find it so atrocious that the victims of these bombings, much like those in America in 2001, are people who were innocently on their way to work. What do these people have to do with the "war" in Iraq/Afghanistan? If the Taliban doesn't like the fact that England is involved with Bush's fiasco in the Middle East, bomb Parliament or a military base. To attack unarmed, unprepared citizens is weak and cowardly.

Anyway, Bryan and I spent a lovely 4th in Maine. We actually dared to let the sun beat down on our tender, white skin and got some color as a result. I neglected to lube up my legs and did get a bit of a burn, but it's faded to light brown now so the gams no longer blind all who pass when clad in shorts. The 8 year old inside was sufficiently placated with a loud, and bright, firework display near the LL Bean store in Freeport. The ensuing ice cream cone didn't hurt either.

I also managed to stuff myself into a few wedding dresses on my day off (aha,you say, the justification for missing a day of work). I found 2 that I like very much and will take my team back to the store to help with the final decision. I will feel quite on top of things if I manage to check this daunting task off the list.

I leave you with this nugget of wisdom: Dean Koontz is a bad writer. Listening to one of his books on audio CD does nothing to change this fact.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Chris said...

There are several Koontz books i've liked but at least as many I could do without. However, the book INTENSITY was simply amazing.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Jill O. said...

I am listening to THE TAKING right now and the man is soooooo flowery and overly descriptive. I WISH they had abridged the story because the idea is great, but the writing is nauseating. I actually find myself skipping ahead in the hope of hearing more plot and less freakin' description. Anyway, I'm on the last CD of an 8-CD "book" and I am looking forward to some nice, well-written, well-plotted Agatha Christie next.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home