Wednesday, May 25, 2005

What a year

I have been a blogger for one year. I began this blog last May during my trip to San Francisco to visit Corissa. I was inspired to blog by Bryan and his friends who all seemed to maintain their own Web forum for expressing their thoughts, frustrations, daily activities and senses of humor. I wanted in. So, I started my ramblings, and it has been pretty enjoyable. There are days when something happens and I think, "I have to blog about this." Maybe I do, maybe I'm too lazy and the moment passes. I did think that I would have used the medium to vent more about the world and all of the injustices and tragedies about which we are forced to listen during the evening news. But I like updating any cyber passerby about my life and my thoughts about the happenings of this crazy world we all inhabit.

My thoughts for today:
Why must the toilet overflow in the morning when I've overslept and need to get to work to give the library volunteers their tasks for the day?

Where has the sun gone?

Why have I never seen The Graduate before? I watched 1/2 of this movie last night and I love it. I am completely enthralled with Hoffman and Bancroft and I think that Mike Nichols is a genius. I also love the music and had no idea that Paul Simon wrote some of Simon/Garfunkle's most famous songs for this movie.

Why is it so difficult to write a short policy for the library? I am struggling with the language of the no-food-in-the-library policy and I'm sure that the reason has to do with acceptance. I know that everyone around here is going to have something to say about this simple, little policy and I don't want to hear it. So, to delay the receipt of a whole lot of $.02, I'm procrastinating mightily.

Happy birthday to Bryan's Aunt Sue - one of the kindest, most gracious people I've met - and to Tova, rock on with your bad self.

And to Brain, I told the story of your twisted ankle at lunch and everyone was satisfyingly horrified. I might have left you languishing in the puddle a bit longer than you actually did, but it does make for a dramatic telling. I hope you're having a nice, relaxing day and that the colors of your ankle do not rival the blue/green section of the Crayola crayon box.

It has been a hectic, amazing year filled with more joy and laughter than I ever could have anticipated. There has also been sadness and anger, but at this point I prefer to dwell on the wonderful weddings, parties and happy hours spent with friends,rather than on the loss of people gone too soon; on the great friendships forged through the 'revolution', rather than the frustration and bitterness brought on by an inane administration; on the welcoming of new babies, rather than a goodbye to an old Celt; and on the development and wonder of my favorite love story. I eagerly point my head forward to this next year and all of the beauty and life to experience.

1 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Chris said...

On the policy - I'm gonna put my 2 cents in anyway..how about "NO FOOD!"

On the rest of your post: You are a terrific person and deserve to be truly happy. I hope all that you receive all that you wish for (except another Sox WS victory).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home