Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Silent no longer

I'm not sure if Sheri reads my blog, so due to the fact that pretty much all I thought about last week was her surprise party, it was tough to write. See, Bryan, I do think about and write about things other than work :P

The party was a smash hit. Somehow, we managed to slightly surprise her. She knew that something was up - due to the fact that everyone was acting kind of weird (what a group of bad liars I was working with) and that her husband lied to her last week about a phone call to his cell phone that he claimed was from his father. Unfortunately, I sound nothing like Tom's dad and she suspected my hand in a bday surprise. Fortunately, she just thought that the surprise would involve a girls' night dinner on Saturday. Nope. There was a keg and balloons and lots of cheese doodles - the proper recipe for a rockin' party, eh? We even pulled together some nice, embarrassing stories of Sher and I concocted a small trivia game to see how well everyone knew the birthday girl. As entertaining as the evening was, I am glad that there are no other big bdays/anniversaries/events which could require a surprise in the near future.

I have, however, received 2 other invitations to surprise parties in the next month. Must be something in the air. I guess that's what happens as one's friends hit ages ending in zero.

In other news:
I'm quite sick of hearing about the "runaway bride" - a 600-person wedding and a fiance who not only made a promise to marry this woman, but a promise to god to carry it out no matter what? I might run away, too.

I heart books on CD.

Guacamole is tasty. I'm going to eat some tonight.

My brother is going to Vegas tomorrow - let's hope he doesn't gamble away the mortgage money.

2 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I heart books on CD too! I got hooked on them sometime last year.
I wish they came up with a cheese doodle formula that leaves all the cheese on the doodle - preventing orange fingers.
I wish I was going to Vegas - I love that place.
:)

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Jill O. said...

Books on CD keep me sane during my morning commute. I actually enjoy being in my car!

Cheese doodles good - orange fingers bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home