Tuesday, July 27, 2004

My Aching Head

Started the weekend with a quiet drink to Kristie at Brasserie Jo's. I hope she was looking down from that great bar in the sky, raising her gimlet and smiling at all the stories we shared.

Then on to Connecticut for the bachelorette party of my friend Erin.  Things of note:

*Bridal showers will never be fun even when bridal shower bingo is whipped out.  Ohhhh, nice serving bowl. Really.
*Margaritas do taste better after 3 glasses of wine and 5 beers. Oh, and doing shots of Jack Daniels is a great idea after 3 glasses of wine, 5 beers, 2 margaritas and 4 more beers. Well done, Jill.
*Dancing with the girls never gets old.
*I am not ready for babies, particularly the morning after bachelorette parties.
*Erin & Manny are meant for one another and will be pretty damn happy together, right Honeybeans?

Now, I am gearing up to run my friend Jen's bachelorette party this coming weekend (does it ever end). Kate and I are stocking up on penis paraphernalia and devising ways to torture Jen one final time before she settles down to a life of Charlie, which is reward enough for the pain she may feel the morning after.

The DNC hoopla has turned into a benign and quiet reality. Bryan and I and the newts are happy to be in Brookline for the week, though. The commute is easy, the conditions are comfy, and the company is gooood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home