Friday, July 02, 2004

Movie List is Compiled

Firstly, Happy B-day to Dr. Charlie (6/30), Happy Birthday Uncle Steve (7/2). congratulations to Colleen for finishing up with school, and Happy Fourth of July!

Secondly, The Movie List has been compiled. This link will bring you to Bryan's explanation of the impetus for the creation and the stats of the list.

I have some stats of my own. Primarily, I have been looking into how many of the top 100 movies are based on literary works. When I started researching this, I didn't think that it would be a huge number. Well, I am working backward and at #70 I realized that 11 are based on literary works - this is a third of the list. If this number is true for the entire list, the research is more than I can do while at work on the Friday before a holiday weekend. So, I will post stats next Mon or Tues.

Funny, we have been watching and talking about so many movies and today Marlon Brando died. He was a great character actor and I am sure that the Academy Awards tribute will be beautiful. RIP Stanley Kowalski.

In other news, I can't possibly be more disheartened about my most favorite sport and my most favorite team in that sport because said team just can't win in clutch situations, or with a lead or, well, at all, it seems. Boston fans are a bit tortured and we have become somewhat melodramatic, but really, could NY suck any worse (and by suck I mean could they kick our asses any worse?) Please Theo, trade us some healthy players who don't drop fly balls and commit so many fielding errors that fans wince when a ball is thrown across the infield...

Looking forward to some BBQing fun this weekend and to not working for the next few days.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Chris said...

The movie list is interesting. At the end of the year 2000, I had decided that I was way behind in my movie watching - I proceeded to watch 213 movies in 2001, 124 movies in 2002, and 111 last year. I've slowed down considerably this year to dedicate more time to reading books.
In true "GeeK" fashion, not only have I watched these films, but logged them and rated them on a scale of 1 to 5 which to those who've seen the list and ratings, has caused some interesting conversation.
I'll have to get these lists over to you - I'd be curious to have your feedback.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home