Wednesday, June 23, 2004

I took a sick day yesterday to try to recover from a pesky and persistent cough I have been suffering from. It is apparently the result of a very early case of allergies since I usually only really feel this crappy on account of nature in the early fall. I am on a daily regiment of Robitussin and Allegra and think that I will kick it soon.

On my day off I most notably slept until I wanted to, applied for a few more jobs and went to the public library where I rented 8 movies for $6. Yes, it is still possible to get more for less and you will find it all at your public library (god, I am such a library dork).

Bryan has put us to the task of ranking our top 100 favorite/best movies. This has led to much discussion of movies, followed by the watching of movies. So far, I have watched the Royal Tennenbaums which led me to fall in love with Wes Anderson, who wrote and directed this quirky film. I now want to see his other film Rushmore. I also rented A Mighty Wind, The Maltese Falcon, Badlands, Meet Me in St. Louis, Wait Until Dark and Billy Elliot just to catch up on a few I haven't seen and to refresh my memory of some that I consider my 'favorites'. Currently Moulin Rouge is my #1 followed by The Shining and Breakfast Club. I have realized that either because I completely missed seeing them all, or I have really weird tastes, I don't have many of the 'classics' on my list. It is still a work in progress and I mean to watch "Citizen Kane" and "The Graduate" before I die, but they may not make my list. If anyone has a great movie they want to recommend, I am all ears.

Also went to dinner with my dad and brothers to celebrate Father's Day 2 days late. After stuffing himself with as much bread and as many french fries as possible, my nephew Noah (2 years old)decided that he would rather roam the restaurant with Auntie Jill than participate in any further adult conversations. We got to watch several nice hits by the Red Sox along with some excellent pitches from Curt Schilling in between saying hello to every wait person and hostess in the entire restaurant.

Today, back to the grind though I am looking forward to more movie-watching this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home