Monday, June 14, 2004

San Fran pics and Kate's resignation

As promised long ago when I first started this blog and then left for San Francisco, a few pictures from my trip above and below. I still have half a roll in my camera, but I am waiting for the right occasion to finish it out before getting them developed. I got some decent shots around the city and, as previously mentioned, of Barry Bonds' posterior (though a bigger zoom lens would've been magnificent). I will be sending my Barry series to Corissa to spice up the plain white walls of her condo.

So, my friend and colleague, Kate, turned in her resignation today at work and I am pretty sad. Not only do I lose her clear thinking, amazing sense of humor, and excellent company at work, but she won't get to see me daily and I don't think that anyone at her new job will be as willing to wrap themselves around her leg in the office kitchen (she made the mistake of asking me if I could be any more in her way, so I showed her that, yes, I could). She is going on to bigger and much better things - she will be working at a place that will utilize and appreciate her talents and intelligence in a way that our little library just can't. But, I dread the day that she clears her desk and walks out the front door for the last time. I can't write anymore - tears are streaming down my face and clouding my sight. Sob...

Speaking of crying, based on the recommendation of one of Bryan's friends, via his blog, I watched Six Feet Under last night. I have heard a lot of good things about the show, but I have just not tuned in. Last night, I decided to check it out and, boy, am I glad that I did. It was absolutely gripping and I have no idea who any of the characters are, so I am sure that it would be 10 times more excellent if I had been following it for the past few seasons. Basically, in an hour I was intrigued and drawn into the family dynamic of the main characters. I was blown away by Lauren Ambrose, who plays Claire. And I was sad that one of the main characters, Nate, lost his wife; so much so, that I had tears streaming down my face at the end of the episode when he buries her body under a lone tree in the desert. It is a show that deals pretty directly with death - not a lot of glamorizing or romanticizing - and I am glad that I watched it and will continue to do so for the rest of the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home