Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Grateful Me

The beauty of having a blog is being able to "publicly" thank people.  So, thank you to Bryan and Sheri for breaking your backs stripping off the wallpaper in my new bedroom and for spackling and painting and accompanying me to the most terrifying place on the Earth: The Home Depot.
 
I will digress here to say that I love having a house, but I fear Home Depot in a way that is irrational and total.  It is an imposing building from the outside, a hulking, enormous warehouse with people carrying measuring tapes and levels and pencils!  And the inside does nothing to embrace and nurture - huge aisles of every kind of imaginable screw and bolt and plank.  I guess that the beauty of the place lies in the possibilities within.  You walk in to buy pieces of a 'home-improvement' project and there is the possibility that you will know what you need, what you are doing and that it will be accomplished in a timely and correct manner.  I am still working on that.  Anyway, I have owned a home for exactly 12 days and I have been to The Home Depot 5 of those days.  My therapist says that I am making progress (haha). 
 
Back to thanking:
Thanks to Shannon and Frank for getting married on Friday and throwing one heck of a fun wedding.  And for choosing to have it in the most amazing inn that I have ever been to.  And thanks, again, to Bryan for trekking to NH with me to celebrate a total stranger's wedding with me, and for dancing to all of the right songs.
Thanks, again, to Sheri for helping me pick out a room color and for leaving that adorable kid for a night to help me home-improve (she apparently has no such Home Depot fears - wow). 
Thanks to Joe and Rich for moving our new big-ass sectional from Brighton to Framingham.  It sure will be nice to relax on that. 
Thanks to Chris for the thoughtfulness and the beautiful box of wine.  We have yet to crack open a celebratory bottle in the new home, but yours will be the first.  Should we let you know when that is? 
Thanks to my mom for helping us with the house and for feeding us Sunday dinner.  Mmmmm...ham.
 
I am going home to continue to sand and paint and paint and paint.  Home Depot actually sounds good.

 

2 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I horrible when it comes to home improvements, which is why my wife and I are working our butts off to pay others to to the work on our house. I am, however, good at celebrating..therfore, I am available for any and all celebrations.

I'll even bring the second bottle of wine!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Chris said...

"I horrible", I am so bad at home improvements that my English suffers just speaking of it!

Also, you're very welcome. I am impressed with your moxie and willingness to get your hands dirty. The home depot visits will subside in time. In the meantime, it's less scary of you don't look up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home