Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Home Games and Home Closing

The Red Sox are in town for a 6 game stretch and Bryan scored some tickets for last night's series' opener with Oakland. Wakefield vs. Zito on the pitcher's mound, and Sox offense vs. absolutely nothing as the Beantown Boys crushed the "Swingin' A's" 11-0. There are not many better ways to spend a night than with a Cuban sandwich, a cold beer, my favorite tall guy in a Pokey shirt by my side, and a win at home.

Tomorrow, Joe and I close on our house. To do this, we will have in our possession for about 20 minutes a sum closer to half a million dollars than I've ever come before. [Should I let you all know exactly where we will be for those 20 minutes?] It is amazing the cost and the details involved in closing on a home. Luckily, this has been a relatively painless process since our sellers are so pleasant and I am looking forward to cleaning, redecorating and movin' in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home