Sunday, October 01, 2006

That time of year again

I forgot to mention that we "listers" have struck again and thanks to Bryan have come up with the 2006 Songs List. This year we added Nick to the mix so there were 8 of us each contributing 20 songs from which we had to pick the top 50. I felt that my list this year was a more solid offering than last and as a result I had a 3 more of my songs selected this year than last (when a mere 2 of my songs made the list). I do think that I was robbed a little, but them's the breaks.

My nominees:

Lose Yourself, Eminem
Respect, Aretha Franklin
Mercedez Benz, Janis Joplin
Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes, Paul Simon
It's My Life, Talk Talk
Trouble, Ray LaMontagne
What Can I Say, Brandi Carlile
Coin-Operated Boy, Dresden Dolls
Billie Jean, Michael Jackson
Hit the Road Jack, Ray Charles
Extraordinary Machine, Fiona Apple
Fever, Peggy Lee
I've Got Rhythm, Gene Kelly
Take on Me, A-Ha
When Doves Cry, Prince
Rainbow Connection, Kermit the Frog
Life's a Bitch, Nappy Roots
Float On, Modest Mouse
Soul Meets Body, Death Cab for Cutie
Angel From Montgomery, Bonnie Raitt

My songs that made the list:
Take on Me
Lose Yourself
Respect
Billie Jean
Float On

Listing songs is really fun and I have already started thinking about what songs I might add to next year's list when we might each add a few more and then try to rank the "best of" from the 2 lists we've already created. Next up, is the 2006 Albums list this winter.

1 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can identify much more with your list than I can with Bryan's. I hope you can take that as a compliment! Nice choices...

Kristen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home