Sunday, June 11, 2006

Home Alone

Well, the rain has passed, leaving in its path some baseball havoc and a lot of puddles on my driveway. We had tickets to last night's game, which was postponed due to the rain and the playing of the make-up day game. The day game was supposed to start at 1:20, but didn't actually begin until 6:10. So, ever valiant, Bryan, and I and the Moynihans 2 drove to Boston to get tickets to that game figuring that there would be a lot of empty seats.

We bought standing room tickets for $20 from the box office and sat first in section 28 on the 3rd-base line, then stood in section 21 behind home plate, before finally finding our spot in section 11, row 1, about 40 rows up from first base. It's the first time I've ever watched a game from all three vantage points at Fenway, and for the bargain price of 20 bucks. Then, our game was postponed until today at noon so Bryan, Pat and Rob are off at that game whilst I sit and wait for the throngs of people eager to buy my house...ok, I'm actually sitting here alone, reading Brighton Rock by Graham Greene, listening to smooth jazz, breathing in the soft scent of the Cookies & Cream Yankee candle and the candied pecans I have baking (I read that you want the house to smell really good, and my god, it does). I would buy my house - hahahaha.

I just found out that the town's Flag Day Parade was cancelled in lieu of a "Celebration Festival" and that there are some pretty big World Cup games on today, so I'm competing with some heavy stuff. But all it takes is one offer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home