Thursday, May 25, 2006

Postscript

Since the wedding, which has been defining my life for months now and after this post will cease to do so, I have done the following:

*Received A LOT of pictures. Thank you, to those who've forwarded them on to us, we love them. We will eventually sort through them and make an album.
*Watched more hours of television than ever thanks to several 2-hour season and series finales, and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, a seriously long western. Now, it's just all dingers, all the time.
*Changed my name on many, many documents and cards; how did my name get on so many things?
*Continued to drink too much wine then, in a pact with my hubby, decided to give up drinking for a week, just to see if we can. Sad.
*Worked like crazy to catch up with all of the boxes, mail, voicemails and piles that accrued while I was away for over 2 weeks. Yikes. I'm still kind of doing that, but it all feels pretty-well organized at this point.
*Went to traffic court to fight a somewhat justified speeding ticket. Lost. Decided to appeal. Look forward to losing that, too, but at least I won't go down without a fight.
*Resumed regular, weekly gym outings, which I call "outings" to mitigate the torture of lifting, running, stretching and sweating that occurs when I walk into the gym.
and
*Attended my China tour orientation - this is the next thing that I am excitedly looking forward to. I am going with a group of teachers on a work trip in August for 17 days. Yay China!

I missed some birthdays in all of the hubbub. Happiest birthdays to Kati (if you actually still read this, please write or call), Lauren "the-best-flowergirl-in-the-East" Carey, my lovely mother, LJ2, and Aunt Sue. And Happy 1-year Anniversary to Nic and Brian - time flies!

1 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I haven't forgotten to get som pix to ya - I'm just moving at a much slower pace these days until I'm all patched up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home